Mortgage Advisors assist clients with all facets of the mortgage lending process from start to finish, helping them choose the appropriate mortgage product based on their needs, facilitating the completion of all required paperwork, and closing loans to lenders’ and clients’ mutual satisfaction. A deep knowledge of diverse mortgage products as well as Freddie and Fannie regulations and federal/industry guidelines is required.
Our collection of cover letters shows that the following skills and qualifications are often mentioned:
Below follows a sample cover letter for a Mortgage Advisor detailing comparable skills and experience.
Dear Ms. Romero:
When I learned of West Bank’s need for an experienced Mortgage Advisor to join its team, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an experienced professional who excels in managing all aspects of the mortgage lending process while ensuring top-flight client service and support, I am more than prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
With 14 years of experience in mortgage operations, client advisement, underwriting, and product pricing strategies, I have gained comprehensive expertise in driving all facets of the mortgage process. My demonstrated ability to achieve quantifiable volume growth, along with my commitment to ensuring full compliance with all corporate and industry guidelines, positions me to make a significant impact on your organization as your next Mortgage Advisor.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Successfully originating conventional, FHA, and VA mortgage loans from initial application through closing, working closely with real estate agents and lenders to achieve outstanding client experiences.
- Skillfully identifying clients’ unique mortgage needs, educating them on different mortgage products, and advising them on the lending process as a whole.
- Performing exhaustive financial and credit analyses, underwriting loans in compliance with Fannie and Freddie guidelines, and strategically packaging loans to sell to investors.
- Demonstrating expertise in pricing and product development, risk assessment/management, and secondary marketing.
With my experience in managing comprehensive mortgage functions, combined with my inherent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding client service within your organization. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Roger Y. Brooks
Mortgage Broker Cover Letter
A mortgage broker's cover letter is an important tool, which can help you secure an interview call for a mortgage broker's position. It is generally the primary source of communication between the hiring organization and the candidate. For this reason, it needs to make a positive impact on the reader. This cover letter should be written in a clear and easy to understand language and must contain relevant details about the candidate's qualifications and desire to work with the organization.
A mortgage broker is an individual who sets up a mortgage loan on behalf of his clients. He/she has to act as a liaison between the person who is need of the loan and the financial source, which is ready to lend the required amount of money. Mortgage brokers have to conduct extensive research in order to find the best possible mortgage loan as per the client's requirements.
Some mortgage brokers work independently while others work with firms. Experience in either case is considered while applying for a job at a brokerage firm. Hiring managers from these firms look for ideal candidates with prior experience in the field and necessary educational background such as a bachelor's degree in banking and finance or an equivalent course.
Given below are a few tips on writing a professionally appealing cover letter for a mortgage broker. Read the guidelines as well as the sample cover letter in order to gain better understanding on how to write your own mortgage broker cover letter.
Tips on writing a Mortgage Broker cover letter
- Make sure that your name and contact details as well as the hiring manager's details are left aligned. This provides a sense of uniformity to the cover letter.
- State the source where you found out about the job opening at the mortgage company and your desire to apply for the job in the opening paragraph of the letter.
- In the next paragraph, mention your job qualifications and prior experience in the field. This will give the hiring manager a better understanding about your job profile.
- Inform the reader that you have enclosed a copy of your resume and other documents such as experience certificates and letter of recommendation along with the cover letter.
- Close the letter by thanking the reader for his/her time and state that you would love to receive the opportunity to appear for a personal interview.
Michael G. Purdue
4129 Circle Drive
Houston, TX 77032
January 4, 2012
Clayton D. Kendall
Mortgage Banking Solutions
2320 Fleming Way
Houston, TX 77006
Dear Mr. Kendall,
I am writing this letter in response to your advertisement in Texas Herald, dated 01/02/2012 regarding the job opening for the position of a mortgage broker at your esteemed firm. I would like to apply for this position based on my qualifications and seven years of experience in this field.
I have been working as a mortgage broker with ABC Mortgage Group for the last seven years. My chief job responsibilities are assessing the clients' requirements and needs, gathering and submission of all necessary documents, performing background checks and explaining legal procedures and documents to the clients.
I have attached a copy of my resume along with this letter for your reference. You will find detailed information about my past work experience as well as qualifications in it. If selected for the job, I believe I can be a valuable asset to your firm and this will also help in building my career in this field.
Kindly contact me on the above mentioned contact details in case you have any queries regarding my job profile. Thank you for your consideration and taking the time to read this letter.
Michael G. Purdue
As seen in the above sample, a mortgage broker's cover letter should state your desire with regards to working with the company and present your professional details in a manner that attracts the hiring manager's attention.