This whole PM versus Aveda thing is a neverending ping-pong battle, isn't it? From what I've seen, choosing for yourself which school fits you best, personally, is the only option. You'll either hate it or you'll love it. A forum on the internet can't tell you exactly what it's going to be like for you - you have to get out there and do it yourself.
With that said, seeking information is different. I live in Houston, TX, and I'm bouncing back and forth between PM, Aveda, and Regency. The tuition is basically the same for all of them, so what's the difference? I know PM is edgier, uses PM products, etc, and Aveda is a more "professional" atmosphere and uses Aveda products, but what about Regency? They look legit, but I can't find much info about them. HCC also has a cosmetology program I'm considering. I don't doubt the quality of their program (much) - they're fully accredited - but let's be honest. A resume with "Paul Mitchell School" looks more impressive to a potential employer than "Houston CommunityCollege." It might be worth shelling out more dough for PM/Aveda/Regency.
My question is this: is it worth it to go straight into PM/Aveda/Regency, or would it be wiser to get my cosmetology operator AAS from HCC and THEN move into a private cos school for continuing education? HCC would be a lot cheaper and would no doubt help me pass my boards, but I don't know that the quality of education would be as good. Then again I don't want to go straight to PM/Aveda/Regency and learn my craft well, but not well enough to pass the boards which is really what it's all about.
Both sides have pros and cons. I'm hoping to hear from someone who has experience with the same dilemma, or maybe from someone who has attended HCC's program and can give me pointers since I can't find much info on it. Thanks!
Paul Mitchell the school entrance essay?
- College Essay/ Personal Statement.? - I’m applying to Adelphi University and the personal statement question is: What is the biggest accomplishment that you have achieved?Would it be okay if i wrote about how field hockey was one of my biggest accomplishments? i started in 9th grade, where many other girls started in 7th or 8th and each year i improved
- What was your kid’s greatest accomplishment? - I feel that we should be able to brag a little about our kids without being getting millions of thumbs-downs or being scoffed at. So what great things have your kids done that you were really proud of?While my stories are endless, I think that my 11-year-old daughter Katheryn’s greatest accomplishment was an essay she
- Can someone help me to correct this TOEFL essay? - 12. Some people have ambitious dreams and keep following them, but other people always focus on realistic goals and try to achieve them. Which do you think is better?As we all know, having goals is the premise of achieving success. Some people have always been making efforts to make their ambitious dreams come true,
- What should i write for my concluding paragraph for this essay on the book a lesson before dying? - the essay was about how paul bonin was an important character considering the racism in this book.for my body paragraphs i wrote how paul was non discriminant and different than most white men.now i need help writing my concluding paragraph. User tags:paul mitchell entrance essaypaul mitchell essay
- Should I apply to the Roski School of Fine Arts or USC? please help will return favor…? - I am applying to USC, and am wondering if I should apply to the Roski School of Fine Arts. My family believes that it will be easier to get in since they sent me a vague letter that basically said to apply, because I took AP 3D studio art last year. I am a pretty
- How many paragraphs is expected for a 2000 word history essay? - i have to write a modern history essay at first year university level and was wondering about the paragraph lengths. Would it be better to write longer paragraphs, say 4 paragraphs of around 450 words, or 5 shorter paragraphs of only around 360 words?in terms of content it is possible for me to do either
- How to get an A for a personal reflective essay? - talk about a good topic, and dont use silly words, structure your essay into good paragraphs.Try to link your paragraphs. User tags:paul mitchell entrance essaypaul mitchell essay
Both comments and pings are currently closed.